Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) is a statutory body established in 2004 and currently operating through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004) with the main objective of promoting investments in Kenya. It is responsible for facilitating the implementation of new investment projects, providing After Care services for new and existing investments, as well as organizing investment promotion activities both locally and internationally.
“Our vision is to be a global leader in investment attraction and retention.”
“Our mission is to promote and facilitate domestic and foreign investments in Kenya by advocating for a conducive investment climate, providing accurate information and offering quality services for a prosperous Nation.”
We strive to continuously provide quality services on a wide array of areas to investors. Our core functions include;
- Providing information on investment opportunities and sources of capital
- Providing information to investors on the business climate, operating rules, investment opportunities and sources of capital
- Ensure expeditious and quality facilitation of projects for prompt implementation
- Assisting investors in obtaining licenses, permits, incentives and exemptions
- Liaison with other government agencies for the issuance of additional licenses and approvals not directly handled by the Authority.
- Provision of effective post implementation (AfterCare) Services.
- Following up with investors at regular intervals to assist in smooth project implementation and address any concerns
We also undertake research, review and analyse policies, and engage in policy advocacy geared towards improving the business environment.
- Investor Focus – We put our investors first and strive to continuously meet and exceed their expectations. We Delight in Investor Satisfaction and we put “Investor first.”
- Innovation & Creativity – We promote an innovative culture and attitude demonstrated through our proactive initiation of change, shared knowledge teamwork, and fostering an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Respect and Trust – We treat each other with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust recognizing the importance of diversity of culture and social values
- Equity and Fairness – We subscribe to cordial and respectful co-existence, employ hight ethical standards, demonstrate honesty fairness, equity and gender balance in both recruitment and career development opportunities.
- Professionalism and Integrity – We subscribe to the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, excellence, integrity, transparency and accountability in the delivery of services.
- Teamwork – We promote and support a diverse, yet unified, team. We work together to meet our common goals
- Patriotism – We value dedication to duty and are fully committed to delivery on our mandate, as our service to our beloved country.