Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VII)
August 28 @ 8:00 am - August 30 @ 5:00 pm
The Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) started in 1993 and has been serving as a pioneering multilateral forum for international cooperation on African development. It is a unique process that has contributed significantly to Africa’s development and regional integration agenda. It is a forum that promotes synergy with strong communication among Africa, Japan and the international community and values the sense of equality and mutual benefit, based on the principle of African ownership and international partnership.
TICAD VII will be held in Yokohama. Under the theme “Africa and Yokohama, Sharing Passion for the Future”, from the 28th to 30th August 2019.
OBJECTIVES OF TICAD VII
- To evaluate the status of implementation of TICAD VI, and consider new challenges and emerging issues to African development.
- To demonstrate that Africa is ready and open for business, and use the Summit to effectively show-case available opportunities that can anchor sustainable development and partnerships for Agenda 2063.
- To accelerate private sector development and improve the business climate in Africa, as well as to increase investment in human capital.
- To provide Japanese private sector with an overview of the available opportunities and avenues for investment, including in tourism, energy, innovation, science and technology, and quality infrastructure to support inter-regional connectivity that can facilitate seamless flow of goods, services and people.
- To achieve economic development and regional integration in the continent through several factors, most importantly through the acceleration of the entry into force of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), the implementation of cross-border infrastructure projects, the advancement of agriculture and industrialization systems, as well as the empowerment of women and youth.
Several forums and events will be organized during TICAD VII to showcase Kenya’s business opportunities:
- Exhibition using the Kenya House approach to showcase the best of Kenya in investments, tourism, trade and culture, from 28th – 30th August 2019 at the Pacifico Yokohama Exhibition Hall.
- Japan- Africa Business Forum & EXPO on 29th August 2019. It will comprise of an opening session, thematic sessions on African Innovations and start-ups, Multi- lateral Business partnerships and Japanese SMEs showcase.
- Kenya Business Forum on 30th August 2019-The aim of the Business Forum is to showcase investment opportunities in the BIG 4 Agenda and Vision 2030 and to create strategic partnerships and expand networks.
- Appointments for Kenya’s business people with target Japanese companies- During the three days targeted one on one meetings/match making sessions will be organised to promote the Big 4 Agenda projects.
- Targeted investor site visits- Site visits will be carried out by interested public/private companies to verify their operations
For More information on how you can participate please contact Heather Munyao on email- firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +254 725 897 905 or +254 730 104 502.